New Site

12.29.2013

Final Post of 2013

2013 has been a pretty great year. I have accomplished many things. I entered my second year of fatherhood. Got my own table at a comic convention with great success. Stuck with the gym the longest I ever have. And I have overall grown as a person, father, husband and artist.

My life started taking a serious turn the day my daughter was born. I started seeing the cup more half-full than half-empty. I still struggle with insecurities and self-doubt, but I more so try to find ways to overcome it instead of allowing it to consume me. I actually make efforts to change my way of thinking. I used to allow my insecurities and doubts to take over. It stopped me from pushing forward for many years and allowed me to make many mistakes and bad life decisions. But now I just look at those mistakes as stepping stones to greater events as opposed to regrets. Learn from failure, don't embrace it. Failure can be great if you learn how to use it.

The key for me to accomplish all this was to find a reason. Before I met my wife and before my daughter was born I never really understood why I was doing the things I was doing. I think I mostly thought that everything was suppose to be about financial gain and driving a cool car. But those aren't real reasons to do anything. Now, everything I do is to create a better life for my family. That's the motivation. That's the drive and reason I think I've really needed to make things happen.

I'm not making any resolutions for 2014. I'm already living them. All there is to do now is to keep them alive and progress.
Many good things are approaching this coming year. But these aren't resolutions, these are events that have been set in motion by actions taken in 2013. I always figured the new year would be a good time to start over. Not only because it is a new year, but also my birthday. But the truth is, you can start whenever you want. You don't need a New Year, a birthday or a Monday. You just need a goal and a reason. Yeah, you will stumble and fall along the way. But that doesn't mean you start over. You just get up and keep going.  It took me many years and falls to learn this lesson.


I will however be making some changes this coming year.  Again, not resolutions, just some changes that I think are needed. These changes don't have to start on January 1st. Just as long as I gradually make them throughout the year. 

So here is where I leave 2013. 

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to a great year.
My family, friends and Followers.
Thanks for all your help, support and kind words throughout the past year and beyond.

Hope you all have a happy, healthy and successful new year.
And thanks in advanced for your continued support. Please stick around and see what I draw up in 2014.

2 comments:

  1. Cheers Tobias! This year is going to be good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks John! Cheers to you. Happy New Year. P.S. Ian says "what's up". Met up with him and Ashely the other night.

    ReplyDelete